May 11, 2020
I just wanted to inform everyone that we will be having a Special Charge Conference on next Thursday, May 21, at 6:30pm. Rev. Erica Munoz will be leading us in a vote as we vote to approve the PPP loan (small business loan) from the government and Wells Fargo as a part of the Stimulus Plan. I will send out a phone number when the date gets closer.
You are receiving this email because per the Book of Discipline we have to notify everyone at least 10 days before the Special Charge Conference, even though only voting members will be asked to attend.
We have been blessed with a Dr. that has a background in infectious disease in our congregation. Under their advisement (from working with the CDC and the state of NJ all week), and the wisdom of our Church Council, the following will take place:
- The office will be open if you need anything Monday-Friday during regular hours (9a-2p).
- We will have something for worship online on both Saturdays at 6pm and Sundays at 10am. Saturdays we will have a devotional from Pastor Barbara and then I will deliver the sermon. Sundays will be the worship format with the hymns, prayers, and sermon. Every week you will be emailed a bulletin and the hymns so you can follow along.
- If you are unable to join us, you can listen to the sermons online. We will make sure that the sermons are uploaded to this website (www.umcmilltown.org) by Monday at 2pm.
- Every event at the church for the next two weeks has been canceled. This means: book studies, scouts, piano lessons, etc. This is for everyone's safety.
- Pastor Josh will be doing more videos and things digitally these nest two weeks, including partnering up with Pastor Matt from St. Paul's on Wednesday, so keep an eye on the church Facebook page.
- I'm sure that everyone wants to know when this will be over. For right now, the plan is that we will gather again on April 4th for Saturday night worship. That plan could change. Please keep an eye on your email, we will keep you updated.
- The sermon will also be uploaded to the church website so you can listen to it. You can go to www.umcmilltown.org/mediacenter.php to listen to the sermons.
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Josh at email@example.com
. I'm and open book and will be transparent with you. I'm sure we are all disappointed about not gathering in person, but we will make the best of this situation.
If you would still like to give your regular gift to help the ministry of the church, just go to the Giving
10:00 am, Worship Service
6:00 pm, Worship Service
7:30 pm, Prayer and Bible Study Library
Listen to Pastor Josh's message 24/7 | Sermon's are posted weekly in our Media Center
Join us for our for our upcoming Sermon Series.
Visit our Sermon Series web page for information and schedules.
Calling all photo lovers! Do you have any old photos of the our church? We are trying to put together a slide show for our 175 year anniversary, and we would love to have your photos included! E-mail Pastor Josh any photos you have at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you! We will be collecting all summer.
VOLUNTEERS & HELPERS
United Methodist Church at Milltown History Readers
We are looking for people who would like to share a little of our church history during service. Ginny Herbert will provide the history facts for you or you can provide your own testimonial or memory. We would like to have a reader each week until we reach our anniversary date of November 17, 2019. Please send an e-mail to Pastor Barbara at Barbarashadis@gmail.com
if you would like to participate. We look forward to hearing from you.
Dear Friends, If anyone is interested in ordering weekly flowers to beauty the sanctuary, please contact Elsie Chirico. Vases start at $18.00 each and centerpieces start at $30.00. By ordering flowers for the altar, you have an opportunity to honor a loved one or give thanksgiving and your dedication will appear in that weeks bulletin.
Thank you, Elsie
Pop Tab Collection
The Sunday School would like your help collecting Pop Tabs from aluminum cans to support a program being run by the Ronald McDonald House of New Brunswick and Long Branch. The tabs can be easily removed by twisting them back and forth until they break off. A collection box will be placed in Friendship Hall where you can drop the tabs you save during the week. The collected tabs will be sent to the Ronald McDonald house and then sent to a recycling facility where they are sold by the pound. The money raised will be used to offset the operational expenses of this wonderful charity. Please help us!
Thank you - The Missions Committee would like to thank everyone that contributed to the Giving Tree. Every resident at Rose Mountain Care Center was given a gift thanks to your generosity.
We would also like to thank everybody that came to wrap and load the gifts. Your help was greatly appreciated.