Elijah's Promise was founded in 1989 as a small soup kitchen based in New Brunswick, and has since become a multi-service agency that moves people out of poverty. The organization offers many services leading to self-sufficiency.
What has Elijah's Promise done and is doing:
- distributed clothing through the clothes line;
- trained 70 people in the culinary school;
- Served over 100,000 meals at the soup kitchen;
- provided over 100,000 meals to low income people through Promise Contract Catering Services-much of this is through meals on wheels;
- employed several low income people full time through catering employment;
- served over 20,000 meals to economically challenged people at A Better World Café-in the Reformed Church in Highland Park;
- provided medical testing to people who can't afford it through the Medical School at RWJ hospital.
Please help as you are able to this very worthy organization. Visit Elijah's Promise on the web at www.elijahspromise.org