Sunday Worship - January 17, 2021
Senior Pastor, Rev. Joshua B. Shuster
Associate Pastor, Barbara Ellen Shadis
Minister of Music, Alla • Worship Leader, Sue
We hope that you are doing well and staying safe!
With a heavy heart we announce the passing of Lydia (Lee) Tola on January 5th. Please keep her family and friends in your prayers.
The 2021 giving envelopes are available for pick up in the church office.
Please pick them up during office hours , 9am-2pm, Monday through Friday.
The communion offering for January is for Human Relations. This is a special Sunday authorized by the General Conference to be observed during the season of Epiphany. Human Relations Day calls upon United Methodists to further the development of improved relations with all people.
Micah 6:8b "What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" - God calls us to do justice wherever we are. Justice comes in the form of mental, emotional, physical and spiritual healing through outreach programs, especially for individuals grappling with addiction. We are challenged to reach, touch and restore lives.
Human Relations Day is an opportunity for United Methodists to share in seeking justice for our neighbors and encourages us to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and to stay on the side of those who choose to help those in need.
- We are open on Saturday evenings at 6pm and Sunday mornings at 10am, we are now open for everyone who would like to attend. The updated guidelines will apply:
- The pink ribbon has been removed. Now there are X's where you cannot sit and bulletins where you can sit.
- Please remember to only sit with family members or those that you have arrived with.
- We will invite everyone to join us for the Call To Worship, Unison Prayer, and the Closing hymn.
Things to remember when you arrive:
We hope that you will join us for worship this weekend. Here are a few ways:
- Enter through the parking lot entrance. Saturday will be open from 5:50-6:05 and Sunday will be 9:50-10:05.
- Masks must be worn while inside the building. We have plenty of hand sanitizer if you would like to use it.
- The elevator may be used by one family unit at a time. The only set of stairs open for use is the set right near the doors of the parking lot. Friendship Hall is closed off.
- If you would like to fellowship with each other, you can do so in the parking lot. There is no fellowship time inside the building after worship, but feel free to give each other waves :)
- A call in number for both Saturday at 6pm and Sunday at 10am: (844) 855-4444 Access code: 652434. This number is toll free, so feel free to call in.
- You can also join us for worship via Facebook live: https://www.facebook.com/umcmilltown/ (again you DO NOT have to have a Facebook account). If you would prefer, the service will be up on YouTube by 11am here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOziFm2WtgwKq0FWVph3r8w. Feel free to share the church services on your Facebook page or to tell other people about the services. This is a great time to promote the church because people are looking for things to watch/listen to.
- We will have a fellowship time virtually this weekend! . Here is the new Zoom information for virtual fellowship that goes from 11-11:30am. We have a blast and would love for you to join us!
Meeting ID: 994 0601 1707
- 4 You can also visit our Messages page at 10am and our service from Saturday night is there live for you to watch.